I've blogged and tweeted about many of the recent articles that have been appearing in the IBM Data Management Magazine this summer, but decided that a summary of the articles would be a great idea.
Dan Gibson (IBM), Multi-Temperature Data
- Going Global with Data Mart Consolidation, Part 1 & Part 2
- Is Your Big Data Hot, Warm, or Cold? Part 1 & Part 2
Tom Deutsch (IBM), Big Data
- Why Log Analytics is a Great (and Awful) Place to Start with Big Data - The pros and cons of learning Hadoop using structured data
- How to Get Social Media Analytics Wrong - Lessons from the front lines
- See also the Flashbook that Tom co-wrote: Understanding Big Data: Analytics for Enterprise Class Hadoop and Streaming Data
James Kobielus (IBM), Rocketship to Planet Petabyte
- Smarter consolidation into Hadoop platforms
- Business Intelligence in the Hadoop Era - Drilling through petabytes of actionable intelligence
Sunil Soares (BP), Governance
- A Framework that Focuses on the "Data" in Big Data Governance -Big data types, information governance disciplines, industries, and functions
- See also Sunil's...
Copyright © 2012. All rights reserved. Copyright
|< Prev||Next >|